- Family Dentistry
- Click-Tight™ Dentures
- Implant Dentistry
- Root Canals
- Teeth Cleaning
- White Fillings
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions
- Periodontal Gum Disease
Stained and yellow teeth ruin a beautiful smile! This embarrassing situation can be avoided by having regular teeth cleaning here at Wellness Dental.
Why You Need Teeth Cleaning & Dental Exams?
To ensure a beautiful healthy smile for life, teeth cleaning at least twice a day is a “must” for both adults and children. Calcium and other substances from the mouth’s saliva continually moisten your teeth that help to keep them strong. However, over time, it leads to the building-up of plaque and hard deposits called tartar.
Tartar or plaque cannot be eliminated by mere brushing or flossing and if allowed to accumulate, they become the ideal conditions for bacteria to thrive on teeth and gums. It needs to be removed regularly by a dentist otherwise it may becomes a risk for gum diseases and even tooth loss. This is the reason a dental check up & cleaning is recommended every six months.
A teeth cleaning or ‘scale and polish’ involves removing the plaque and tartar build up on your teeth, and leaving the surfaces of the teeth clean and smooth so that bacteria are unable to stick to them and you have a better chance of keeping the teeth clean during your regular home care.
WELLNESS DENTAL OFFERS A FREE INITIAL DENTAL EXAM
After completing the procedure, your dentist will give you a full update on your oral health. He/She will take you through any problems that may have been found and answer all of your questions. This is time well spent in Wellness Dental and you should take advantage of your dentist’s experience and knowledge to learn more about your teeth.
Teeth cleaning tips
- Brush your teeth properly. You can ask your hygenist for the proper way.
- Flossing your teeth after every meal eliminates the particles of food and dangerous substances that cannot be removed by regular brushing.
- Stop smoking as nicotine of the tobacco will stain and yellow your teeth. This stain makes your teeth look old and vary hard to remove.
- Limit intake of alcohol, coffee, and soda as they deplete the body’s level of calcium and food dye can make pearly white teeth appear dull and discolored.
- Take calcium and a daily multivitamin, they are good for the body.
- You should visit your dentist at least twice a year to have a full hygiene treatment performed.
- Mouthwashes containing chlorine dioxide are effective in killing the bacteria and maintaining hygienic conditions inside your mouth. Use mouthwash alongside brushing and flossing.
- Make an appointment with your dentist asap if your teeth are sore and painful.
- Clean the surface of your tongue daily by utilizing a professional tongue cleaner. This is the best way to remove the multitude of bacteria that are thriving specifically on top of the tongue’s rough surface.
Confused, need some help?
Fill the form below, and we will call you right away.×